The Lifeguard is an Operator Protective Device (OPD) that offers crush protection on an upturned quad bike, reducing the risk of serious injury or death following a quad bike accident. It is designed to support the weight of the quad bike in excess of 350kg, and can be simply mounted to the rear steel carrier.
The Lifeguard is flexible and yielding, rather than hard and rigid. It cannot collapse or flatten and will hold a quad bike off the ground, helping to ensure that the driver is not crushed beneath it.
The Lifeguard’s key design features
- The flexible segmented roll bar reduces the impact of a quad bike smashing into the driver, while the spring in it will help the quad to bounce off a rider, rather than squashing them beneath it
- The lightweight roll bar is designed in an arc to deflect weight and make it easier for a rider to push the quad off their body, make their way out from underneath it, and push it back up on to its wheels
- The roll bar is designed to mould around the driver in the event of a roll-over
- The Lifeguard is approved by WorkSafe Victoria and also meets the 2021 quad bike legislation standards
- CE marked by European standards
- Designed and manufactured in New Zealand