An organic leafy green grower from New South Wales, a native herb supplier from South Australia, and a mixed crop farmer from Western Australia are among the nominees for the prestigious 2021 Corteva Agriscience Young Grower of the Year award.
Celebrating fruit and vegetable producers aged 35 and under, the Corteva Agriscience Young Grower of the Year Award will be presented at the National Awards for Excellence on 9 June.
The national award celebrates outstanding young growers who champion the horticulture industry’s success and show a commitment to innovation in an effort to define the next generation of future leaders.
The shortlisted nominees for the 2021 Corteva Agriscience Young Grower of the Year award are:
- Kane Busch, Busch Organics – Bairnsdale, VIC.
- Anthony De Ieso, Thorndon Park Produce – Adelaide, SA.
- Jason Dobra, Loose Leaf Lettuce Company – Gingin, WA.
- Mitchell East, Willarra Gold – Manjimup, WA.
- Matthew Griggs, Lucaston Park Orchards – Lucaston, TAS.
- Christina Kelman, Rita’s Farm – Wallacia, NSW.
- Marlon Motlop, The Native Co./Quality Harvest – Adelaide, SA.
- Renee Pye, Zerella Fresh – Parilla, SA.
- Caitlin Radford, CO Agriculture Pty Ltd – Moriarty, TAS.
- Jake Ryan, Three Ryans/Goodooga Farms – Manjimup, WA.
- Jake Shadbolt, Scotties Point Farms – Swan Hill, VIC.
- Sam Spirili, Spirili Strawberries – Wandin North, VIC.
- Xavier Toohey, XP Toohey – Wallace, VIC.
- Justin Vanstone, Vanstone Produce – Crowley Vale, QLD.
Nick Koch, Corteva Agriscience Marketing Manager, said the 2021 Young Grower nominees showcase the wealth of talent in Australian horticulture.
“Corteva Agriscience is delighted to continue our sponsorship of the Young Grower of the Year Award and play a role in the career progression of the leaders of tomorrow,” Nick said.
“Congratulations to all the nominees. They are the best and the brightest young growers in Australia today and demonstrate the incredible depth of talent in the industry.
“We welcome each nominee into the Young Grower Alumni and look forward to getting to know them all before we announce the overall winner at the National Awards for Excellence in Brisbane on Wednesday 9 June.”
Find out more: For more information about the 2021 Corteva Agriscience Young Grower of the Year award and the nominees, please visit alliancewithscience.com.au.