At NSW Farmers, we know energy costs are impacting farm businesses across NSW, which is why we are proud to be a partner with Business Australia to help deliver this free Australian Government initiative to help eligible farmers and regional business owners find better ways to manage their energy costs, improve their energy efficiencies and ultimately save money. Over 500 farmers have used this free service since we launched it on 1 May.
The Business Energy Advice Program (beap) is an Australian Government initiative that allows farms access to a free and independent service – a personalised energy advice consultation to help them understand their energy-saving opportunities.
The program now includes ALL farms who employ 0-5 FTE’s that have been affected by drought. The FREE advice service is delivered by Business Australia, a division of the NSW Business Chamber, to help farms and small businesses find energy savings. NSW Farmers has partnered with Business Australia to get this free service direct to all eligible farmers, to ensure everyone has the opportunity to reduce energy costs in their farming business.
Business Energy Advice Program (beap), is a service to help you:
- Understand your energy costs and discover ways to reduce your bottom line
- Find the best available tariff options for your farm
- Gain advice on industry specific actions to improve your energy efficiencies
- Develop a tailored energy plan to implement energy saving opportunities for your farm
- Information on government grant and rebates available for your farm and business
At the end of the consultation you will be offered a referral to Australian Business Energy who can look at your energy bills and seek out a better deal for you from a panel of energy retailers. Since 1 January customers who have switched retailers have a projected average annual savings of $1410